Coldwell Banker Bermuda Realty is an independent locally owned company and we pride ourselves on making a contribution to Bermuda through our corporate giving policy; however, our most important contribution is given by our people who volunteer countless hours every year in support of worthy causes. Below is a sample list of the organisations we have worked to assist:
- Toys for Tots is an annual campaign that has run in support of the Coalition for the Protection of Children since 2002. During those years, the entire team at Coldwell Banker Bermuda Realty, spear headed by project leader Kim Webb, has been overwhelmed by the generosity of those fortunate enough to be able to ‘give back’.
- As corporate members of the Centre on Philanthropy, the Board of Directors at Bermuda Realty Company Limited initiated a policy to allow each employee 2 hours of company time per month for volunteerism. To facilitate this endeavour, our corporate membership with The Centre on Philanthropy provides us with access to innovative and interactive volunteer tools, including the Bermuda Volunteer Centre Team Tracker and the ‘Engage’ programme.
- Coldwell Banker Bermuda Realty is proud to collaborate with Greenrock on the ‘Green Home’ project to collect information about energy efficiency in Bermuda’s houses. Established as a non-profit organisation, Greenrock is working to empower individuals and companies to do their part in making Bermuda socially, economically and environmentally more sustainable for future generations.
- Since 2002 we have supported the End to End and all the many charities this event has assisted over the years. Our annual water stop at Barnes’ Corner is a must see and a fantastic family event. Each year we also support a number of staff members who participate in the End to End and assist with organisation and marshalling.
- Age Concern is a vital part of our aging society, helping to link seniors to services that meet their needs. Coldwell Banker Bermuda Realty is an affiliated link partner with Age Concern providing informative seminars and participating in the annual Age Concern Expo to provide better real estate information for buyers and sellers over 50+. We also offer our sales representatives a SRES (Senior Real Estate Specialist) curriculum to better equip them to address the needs of seniors.
Please see our September 2012 newsletter for more information.
- As a member of the Real Estate Division of the Chamber of Commerce we work with other industry partners to ensure fair and equitable trade in real estate in Bermuda. We are involved in several Chamber of Commerce initiatives including Harbour Nights; Lunch and Learn Presentations; Golf Tournament; and maintain active participation on the Executive Board.
- The Annual Coldwell Banker Home Show plays host to dozens of charities each year in an effort to expose some of Bermuda’s key organisations to an audience of more than 3000 people. Past contributors include the SPCA; Bermuda Red Cross; Bermuda Fire Services; Bermuda Police Service; Bermuda Heart Foundation.
In addition to our volunteer activities Bermuda Realty Company Limited has donated both funds and services in kind to other charities such as Bermuda Amateur Swimming Association; Westmeath Residential & Nursing Home; Bermuda Youth Sports Programme; YouthNet; Friends of Hospice; Adult Education Centre; Festival of Sail; Family Centre; TB Cancer & Health; Bermuda Diabetics Association; Bermuda Autism Support & Education; and many others. We remain committed to building ties with the community through charitable giving whenever possible.
To be considered for funding, a charitable organization must be a registered Bermuda charity and a non-profit member of the Centre on Philanthropy. We give preference to organizations which are dedicated to the following activities:
Environmental protection, preservation of clean air and water, the planting of trees and the preservation of natural habitat
Preservation of buildings, property, monuments or structures of historic significance and the preservation and recording of local history
Amateur athletics, team sports, physical fitness
We encourage employees, in working with charitable organizations, to put forward proposals to their managers for providing company services at reduced rates. This practice allows us to support the community through our expertise and knowledge rather than just making a monetary contribution.